Friday, 5 February 2016

Kiwi and Banana Smoothie Recipe

Smoothies are a really quick and easy way to make a super healthy but delicious snack. They take barely any time to make, and keep all the nutrients as you simply blend the entire fruit. Smoothies are basically a really refreshing, fun way to enjoy a fruit salad!

So, with that said, today I have a kiwi and banana smoothie recipe for you! I love this smoothie as it's really sweet and refreshing, but it also gives me a boost of energy at the end of the day before settling down for my exam studies.

Ingredients:
2 kiwis
1 banana
Orange juice- depending on how thick you want the smoothie add up to about 150ml (3/4 of a small single carton drink)
A splash of water

  • Peel and chop up the bananas, and put them into your blender, or into the plastic container if you have one of the hand-held blenders like me.
  • Add the orange juice. If you're not a fan of orange juice then you can switch this out for your preference, and water will probably work too. If you like a thicker smoothie, then opt for less juice, but I find that about 3/4 of a single 200ml carton is the perfect amount- and you can drink what's left!
  • Add just a tad of water if you want to dilute the juice a little.
  • Blend the ingredients and enjoy!

Let me know in the comments if you decide to make this drink or if you have any other great smoothie recipes as I'd love to try some more!


2 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy, I love smoothies used to have one every morning for breakfast :)

    Meme x

    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does taste amazing, I never used to be keen on them, but now I can't stop making them and I try to have one every day!

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!