Saturday, 6 February 2016

Bringing Back Childhood

Colouring books. A childhood favourite that never seems to grow old from generation to generation. I can remember starting out with the simpler designs, with the really thick lines and basic pictures of flowers and butterflies. I was never one to draw out the lines by the time I'd moved on to more complicated designs, and I loved spending ages filling in the pictures to perfection.


Recently, adult colouring books have become a trend and every book and stationery shop you go to seems to have a wide range of these books available, ranging in theme and price. Not only do they bring memories of childhood fun, but they have become known for helping relaxation and mindfulness, something that I think we can all benefit from in this fast-paced world.



I bought myself The Mindfulness Colouring Book, which is made up of patterns simply for relaxing, and the Vogue Colouring Book, a beautiful book filled with complex designs inspired by Vogue magazines from decades such as the 50's. I love this so much as it's just such a unique and original idea. Both are available in bookstores such as WH Smith and Waterstones and online, so you can do some searching to find the best price- and a quick look online will show you the range in choices that appeal to everyone. I think these are lovely to relax and wind-down and I also think they would make great presents.




4 comments:

  1. Ooo the Vouge colouring book looks so good, I will have to order one of those, I have really got in to colouring lately and I am on the Harry Potter book at the moment, it's so therapeutic!

    Meme xx

    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vogue colouring book is so beautiful it's definitely my favourite of the two due to it's different 'scenes' if you like :) And I totally agree, colouring is very therapeutic!

      Delete
  2. I'd imagine there's something very therapeutic about colouring, I haven't done any in years though sadly! The Vogue colouring book looks interesting :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very relaxing, I'd really recommend giving it a go. And the Vogue colouring book is great, very worth the £10 and quite creative :)

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!