Tuesday, 19 January 2016

2015 Favourites

We may be over halfway through January, but 2015 was not that long ago, so it's time to kick-start the year with my 2015 favourites post! Below are a range of products and items that I have been loving throughout 2015 that I wanted to share with you guys!

The MAC 217 brush is absolutely incredible for applying base colours, adding shades to the crease and blending. It's a great all-round shadow brush, and I will probably purchase more of these. The Real Techniques Multi-Tasking brush is great for exactly that- multi-tasking. I personally think it's the perfect size for blush, but it would also be great for powder or bronzer.

Some of my top makeup items this year are above. I bought Rockateur in April, and I've seriously hit pan on it, I love it so much, and I will definitely be repurchasing it- it's a universal shade that would suit everybody. I also love the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, which I'm sure you've all heard of, but I am on my 4th or 5th bottle this year, that's how much I love it! Finally, I really like the Rimmel Brow This Way brow gel. This was a fairly new purchase, but I've used it everyday since I bought it and I don't need any other brow products when I use this.

I wanted to make a separate lip product section, because I have 3 top products. The Babylips Lip Balm is great, I'm quite fussy about lip balms, but I happily apply this throughout the day. My favourite high-end lip product this year has to be MAC Fanfare lipstick, because it's a really nice pink colour that looks fairly natural but adds a hint of colour. I am also in love with Barry M's Matte Me Up Lip Crayon, it is the perfect nude and even though it's matte, it doesn't feel drying on the lips and is really creamy. I find it actually feels high-end, I will definitely re-purchase this when it runs out.

My top hair 'item' of the year is definitely my Cloud 9 C9 Touch straighteners, I've got so much use out of them, but especially this year as I've also learnt how to curl my hair using straighteners, which is so much easier as my hair is so long and thick.

My favourite music this year has been One Direction's fifth album, this album has a great mixture of music and I think everyone will enjoy it- there is a much more mature sound on this album than there is on older albums from the band. Read my blog post on the album here, where I go into much more detail: Magenta Tulip//Made In The A.M. Album Review

Coyote Ugly is not a very recent film, but I have watched this several times in 2015, and although it is a super light-hearted, kind of cheesy plot line, I love the characters, the relationship and the conclusion to the story.

I've loved Tanya's book, 'Love, Tanya' this year, it's a great mixture of auto-biographical story-telling, and life-advice for everything from love to baking to making the most out of life! Tanya is such a cheery person, I can just hear her voice reading the book, and it just makes me feel so positive.

Another book I've been loving (but couldn't add a picture of as I read most books on my Kindle) is The Kissing Booth by Beth Reekles. A typical chick-lit, but with a nice story line that has it's ups and downs and leaves you wondering what will happen next. The characters are varied and it captures their lives perfectly- and Beth was only 17 when she wrote it! I have read this book many times, and in 2015 I probably read it around 3 times. Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you like books about teens, romance, friendship, or that focus on realism, then I would recommend giving it a go.

I wanted to include my Osprey purse in my favourites, simply because I picked this up in TK Maxx reduced to just £25. It is such a good-quality purse and I know it will last me a long time, and using it just makes me so happy because it's something I'd wanted for a while before purchasing it.

Finally, figure skating became a huge part of my life in 2015. I went ice skating for the third time in May (the previous times I had been under 10 years old on temporary rinks), and now in January, I have made my way through the 8 basic levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold, and I'm now working on NISA Level 1 (out of 10!). This is a huge achievement for me and I love skating so much, and I hope that this can maybe help someone reading this reach for their goals in whatever they love! I can't wait to see what skating brings for me in 2016!

I also just want to give my favourite youtubers (who you may well have heard of) a mention, LucyandLydia. They have a blog and youtube channel (linked below) and are twins who always brighten my day whenever I watch their videos!



I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm hoping to keep up with my blogging in this new year, as a way to escape all the exam stress in my life right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!