Thursday, 3 December 2015

One Direction Made In The A.M. [Deluxe Edition] // Album Review


Photo taken and edited by me.
So it's been 20 days since One Direction released their fifth album before taking their extended hiatus. As a massive fan, I was sad to hear that this will be the last album for some time at least, but I was hugely anticipating it and was not disappointed.  

I personally think Made In The A.M. has a completely new sound compared to past albums- it's much more mature sounding, and as they have said themselves several times in the past, their music is growing up as they do. I definitely noticed a difference in the sound with Zayn missing, but this is absolutely my favourite album by far.

I own the deluxe edition, which has four bonus songs, giving the album a total of seventeen songs. There are the singles that have been released, 'Drag Me Down' and 'Perfect', as well as upbeat songs such as 'End Of The Day', 'Never Enough' and 'Temporary Fix' (Deluxe Edition only) and slower, romantic songs such as 'Love You Goodbye' and 'Infinity'.

My favourite songs are probably 'Love You Goodbye' and 'Wolves', although I'm always changing my mind about which ones I love the most. The boys have said that they are very proud of this album due to the fact that they have written so much of it themselves, and with so many different style songs, it really demonstrates their capability to write and sing a variety of tracks. Whilst the album is solely pop, and I personally think that there is less of a 'rock' sound than some of their past albums have had, there are many different tempos, and the music in the album is varied.

The 4 bonus tracks ('Temporary Fix', 'Walking In The Wind' 'Wolves' and 'A.M.') are some of the best for me, and really make the album in my opinion. Obviously it's a little more to pay out, but I think it's worth it for these songs as they are so well written, and each have a very different sound.

Track 13, 'History', is a great song with nice rhythm, with lyrics that are actually fairly poignant towards the recent departure of Zayn. Especially since this track would be the last one of the normal album, the mention of 'history' between 2 people is definitely relevant to the recent going's on in the band, although of course it's always a little ambiguous about who different songs are referring to. 

Obviously I could discuss all the songs in lots of detail, but generally, you can tell that a lot of hard work has gone into the album, and if you're a fan of pop music, or even if your not, I'd recommend giving it a listen to see what you think. There's something for nearly everyone, with the slow ones, the fast ones, and the ones that are great to dance along to. Even if you aren't sure about One Direction, or haven't liked their music, I'd really suggest hearing a few of the songs to see whether it appeals to you- let me know in the comments below if you decide to listen to the album.

I'd also love to hear absolutely ANY music suggestions- songs, artists, albums- I like most music so I love discovering new artists in all genres!


2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! ☺️ Also I just nominated you for the liebester award so if you would like to take part you can see the details on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thanks for the nomination, I've actually already taken part in the Liebster Award, however, I am so very grateful for you to have thought of me for this :) x

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!