Wednesday, 27 May 2015

My Current Everyday Makeup Bag

If you're anything like me, you'll know that a girl can never have one set makeup routine that she sticks to everyday. My main makeup routine is always changing, and even when I have an everyday look that I'm wearing for a while, I will still try out different looks, however, I think everyone goes through phases of wearing similar makeup everyday, especially when you have work or school to go to, which often restricts us more, due to time to get ready and uniform rules. 

Anyway, I thought I would share with all of you my current everyday makeup 'bag'. This will probably change in about 3 months, and maybe you'll see more of these in the future, but I thought this would be a fun post to do, so I thought I'd share my current daily makeup with you.


Firstly I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, because it has really good coverage, and matches my skin well. I do use foundation sometimes, but I prefer just using concealer as I don't like the feel of foundation all over my face unless I really feel my skin is looking uneven, and since I'm blessed with good skin, I don't want to run the risk of making it worse by clogging up my pores with unnecessary product. The concealer does a great job at covering under-eye circles (which is a major problem for me!) and any other areas if I feel I need it.

I then use Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, to set my concealer, and over my T-Zone, although avoiding my cheeks so my skin still looks dewy.

I mix up my blush and bronzer a fair bit, but usually I sweep Collection Bronze Glow (Mosaic) across my face, creating very subtle definition (I'm not brilliant at contouring and it doesn't really suit me anyway), and then I take Benefit Rockateur across my cheeks, up to my hairline and a little up to my temples.

I fill in my eyebrows with Seventeen's Sculpting Brow Pencil, which I really like as it's subtle, but it doesn't take long to quickly fill in my brows in places that aren't as thick.

I use Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette, and I usually take Half-Baked, Chopper or Suspect across my lid. I then take on an accent brush a darker shade (often Busted or Snakebite), and run in along the bottom of my eyes to create a some definition.

Sometimes, but not always I'll use some black liquid liner, however I didn't picture it above. To finish off my eyes, I apply Barry M Showgirl Mascara. This is a really good mascara, and even though I only picked it up because Boots were doing a 3 for 2 deal, I love it and I think I would purchase it again!

I forgot to include my lip products, but I use the Baby Lips Lip Balm in Hydrate, and usually the Seventeen Lip Lustre Lip Gloss in 3 Little Words. I actually really like the Seventeen Lip Glosses, especially this particular shade (which I'm pretty sure has no glitter), they don't feel too sticky and don't feel drying on the lips.


Above are the brushes I use the most to apply my makeup. Sometimes I use more, sometimes I use less, but these are ones that I find really useful everyday.

Real Techniques Multi-Tasking Brush- I use this for my blusher, as I find it's more precise than the blush brush, and is firmer so application is easier. This unfortunately doesn't come individually and you have to buy the Travel Essentials Set, but I use 2 of the 3 brushes in this set, so it's not a problem for me.
Real Techniques Blush Brush- Not sticking to what it was intended for, I actually use this to apply powder to my T-Zone. I find that because it's so fluffy it lightly just reduces any shine in that area, particularly on my nose.
Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush- I use this for my bronzer as I don't contour, I just give my face some colour to look 'sun kissed'.
Real Techniques Contour Brush- I use this to blend in my concealer and also to set my concealer with powder. It's the perfect size!
Sue Moxley Eyebrow Spoolie- This came in a set of brushes I got a couple of years ago for about £4.99 on eBay, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to get hold of this specific one, but these are available pretty much everywhere. I use this to soften the look when I've filled in my brows.
Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush- I use this for my base shadow. It's a really good size, and I also use this to blend out the shadow in my crease, as it's quite a fluffy brush with soft bristles, although I don't always wear shadow in my crease anyway.
Real Techniques Accent Brush- This is the brush I use to apply darker shades such as Busted to my bottom lash line for definition. It's small and precise so I find it really useful to have.

So there are the products and tools I use on a regular basis to do my makeup. Why not let me know in the comments the product you almost always use when doing your makeup?


4 comments:

  1. Great, I love it! Enjoy the weekend honey!

    Check my last post here!
    Follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin

    ♥‿♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Naked 2 as well and it's just amazing I reckon :P But then all the palette's are in their own way :) Great post Molly! I used Naked 2, Max Factor foundation and powder, oh and mascara, l'oreal eyeliner, and bronzer :D

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'I Quit Sugar For Life Recipe Book//GIVEAWAY'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!