Thursday, 12 February 2015

Mini Haul- I bought some makeup!

I went into town on Saturday... originally because my dad wanted to get something and I needed a concealer. Not surprisingly, I bought more than just my concealer. I actually did only buy 4 things, but I thought I would share them with you.



First I headed over to Boots to buy my concealer. I love Boots, because it has such a variety of counters from drugstore to high end and I nearly always find the things that I'm looking for in there!



I bought another Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I'm sure lots of you know how amazing this concealer is, I think I've probably talked about it before! It has a nice coverage without looking cakey, and really helps cover and brighten dark circles.



The other thing I bought was a Sleek blush. I recently bought a Sleek Blush-By-Three trio, in Lace, and it has a really gorgeous shimmery colour in the palette. I saw that Sleek also do single blushes, and they has this lovely single blush pictured above. As you can see, it has a nice sheen to it, and is a lovely pink colour with gold undertones. This blush is called Rose Gold.

I then headed over to Superdrug, My favourite counter in Superdrug is MUA, as they do makeup at such great prices, and lots of it is good quality.



I bought these really pretty lipsticks in Superdrug. MUA lipsticks are £1, and they are actually good quality for that price. I really like the red colour, and although I won't be wearing it all the time, I really wanted to buy a cheap red lipstick to see how the colour looked on me, and I actually really liked it!

The other shade is actually lighter than it looks in the photo. It is a really pretty peach shade. I don't really have any lip colours like this, and I thought I would try it out. I have to say, it did bleed into the small lines on my lips, which was a shame, but I don't think it was too noticeable, especially with darker colours like red.


Here are some swatches. The colour on the left is Shade 13 and the colour on the right is Shade 16 (Nectar).



MUA also has really cool packaging. The lid feels fairly secure on the lipstick, and another really nice thing about the MUA lipsticks is that you get some extra lipstick in the pot at the end of it. This is perfect if you like to use a lip brush to apply your lipstick. It also means that when you look at the colours in the shop, it gives a much more true-to-colour preview.


Where you can buy:

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- Boots- £3.99 (on offer- originally £4.19)

Sleek Blush in Rose Gold- £4.49- Boots (display picture is not Rose Gold)
(or buy Sleek Blush from Sleek website here)

Shade 16 Nectar Lipstick- £1.00- Superdrug

Shade 13 Lipstick- £1.00- Superdrug
(Shade 13 looks darker on the website than it is in real life)

I hope you enjoyed this post. Why not tell me down below what your favourite lipstick is?


8 comments:

  1. Hi Molly,
    I can't believe those pretty lipsticks from MUA are only 1 pound! Those colors are so pretty. The Sleek blush as well is looks really neat. I have the lasting perfection concealer as well and I know it's a good one. Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

    Jo of Say Cheesy Cake
    Say Cheesy Cake on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collection actually do a lot of good quality products! And the lipsticks are really nice, I also got another one recently in Bare and it's a really pretty nude. They do bleed in the lines on your lips a bit, but it's not too bad, and for £1, I think they're worth it! The blush is amazing I love it so much, and would 100% recommend it as I'm planning on buying many more! Xx

      Delete
  2. Superdrug is such great value for money, I have bought MUA in the past and it isn't bad quality for the price! Rimmel Apocalypse are my favourite lipsticks.

    Meme xx

    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Superdrug, I do like going to Boots, but sometimes Superdrug have things even cheaper! I've never tried those lipsticks, but I will check them out sometime! Xx

      Delete
  3. I really need to try the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, everyone raves about it so much!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://halesaaw.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defintely try it out, it has really good coverage and brightens under the eyes really well. And for the price it's really worth it! Xx

      Delete
  4. Lasting Perfection concealer is amazing and one of my all time favourite products! That Sleek blush looks absolutely gorgeous and I have to say I like the look of both the lipsticks too - and at that price you can't go wrong, can you?! You did very well and I'm craving a little drugstore makeup binge now! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you should go for it! I love the concealer I was so happy when I bought my first ever one and tried it and it really worked! The lipsticks are great for the price, obviously they aren't MAC quality, but for trying out a new shade on yourself, they are great and they have some really pretty shades! Sleek makes really high quality products, I would definitely recommend trying them out. Xx

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!