Saturday, 7 February 2015

Create the look: A Bobbi Brown Makeover

Hello! I was reading through the Bobbi Brown Beauty Rules book I have, and I found a gorgeous makeup look that I really wanted to try out. It has a defined eye, but is fresh and pretty, so I thought I'd give it a go and show you the results.

(please note that I do not own this picture, however it is a photo from the book Bobbi Brown Beauty Rules- which I do own a copy of- and I photographed it to post on my blog)

What I used



The Look:

The first thing I did was use my Baby Lips Hydrate lipbalm to moisturise my lips.  I then took my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer to brighten up under my eyes, and I also used my No7 Match Made Concealer stick in Calico to cover up any red areas on my face. I used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend this.

The next step is to use a blush. I used Crochet from my Sleek blush trio, which is warm, coral toned fuchsia pink.  Focus the blush on the apples of your cheeks, as this is the fleshiest part of your face. Your blush should make you look pretty and healthy.

I then filled in my eyebrows. I used some eyebrow powder from my MUA Pro Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit and my Ecotools Eyeliner Brush to fill in the front parts of my eyebrows where they aren't as thick.

I took a coppery gold eyeshadow from my E.l.f Little Black Beauty Book Warm Edition (from TKMaxx), and dusted it over my eyelids using my Sue Moxley Eyeshadow brush. 

The main focus of this look is the defined eyes. You'll probably want a gel or liquid liner for this kind of precision- I used Seventeen's Make Your Mark Eyeliner Pen.

To finish off the eyes, choose a mascara that you like and apply 1 or 2 coats. I used Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara.

Finally, you'll want a clear shimmery lipgloss. I used the Bobbi Brown Crystal Glitter Lipgloss, which I am in love with! It is a little sticky, but that makes it last, and it's so pretty that I honestly don't mind. 

I have green eyes and paler skin than the model, but I tried my best to recreate it. I really like how it came out and would definitely wear this again.

The camera hasn't picked up the glitter in the gloss, but it looked very similar to the picture in real life!


The Products and Tools:

Real Techniques Core Collection Set (for the Contour and Buffing brushes)
Sue Moxley Brush Roll (contains the eyeshadow brush)- I bought this on eBay, but I couldn't find a link to it. I looked everywhere but it wasn't in stock anywhere.
Sleek Blush by Three (in Lace 367)
Bobbi Brown Crystal Glitter Lipgloss (I could only find it on the US site, but the UK site has the non-glitter version, and I think shops have the glitter one).


I'd love to hear if you tried out this look, so if you did, please tweet or email me a picture!


14 comments:

  1. Lovely post) Look at me, can we regular readers of our blogs. check out my new post http://voronko11.blogspot.ru/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll go check I your blog now xx

      Delete
  2. Great makeup look! I love the way you did you liner. Real technique brushes are some of my favourites, I use them daily.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them too, I'm planning on buying even more RT brushes! Xx

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love this makeup look on you, you look gorgeous! I definetly want to try out this look. I really like your blog, I'm following you now on bloglovin. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too! Let's keep in touch. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll go and check out your blog now! Xx

      Delete
  4. Following you on Bloglovin ♥ Hope you do the same :) xx
    xoxo
    http://voronko11.blogspot.ru/2015/02/pre-spring-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so Pretty Molly, well done on recreating the look you did a good job!

    Meme xx


    Latest Post out now
    '100 Questions With Meme//Tag'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!