Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Being Positive


(Photo from pinterest- edited- link)

Today I'm going to be doing a slightly different post to normal. This is going to be related to life, particularly how my life has been over the past couple of weeks. It will also have to be quite short because I've spent the whole evening revising, but I still wanted to get a post up. So today I'm going to talk to you about being positive.

Over the past few weeks, I've had revision for science mocks, and I've been getting very stressed, anxious and sad, as well as feeling very motivated at times and achieving things. So here's a list of ways to keep positive when the going gets tough.

1. Surround yourself with positive people. I can't stress how important it is to be around people who make you happy. I've had fake friends and friends who generally lower my self-esteem, and being around them has made me stressed and at one time, even contributed to my anxiety. Be around people who make you happy, and you will become a much more cheerful person. We all have our down days, but happy people always try to keep smiling.

2. Get away from the computer one evening a week. I say evening, but I mean whenever you aren't studying or working. I go to dancing 3 nights a week, and I genuinely benefit from getting out the house. Even if it's just out shopping or for a coffee with a friend, it will make you more positive.

3. Don't over stress things. Sometimes when we are stressed about work or school, we blow things out of proportion and get emotional, frustrated, and some people even become depressed or anxious. If you have to get something done by tomorrow, and it's 11pm at night, and you know it won't get done, then you should go to bed rather than stay up all night fretting.

4. Get a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast. Going to bed on time will make you feel refreshed and ready to start the day. Stop computer use an hour before bed, have a warm bath (showers will make you more awake believe it or not!), and go to bed. You could even read a book before hand. And in the morning, eat some breakfast including some fruit. Try it and see the difference.

5.Chill out and smile. Put on some music and dance or sing along, smile, laugh, do something you love. It will boost your happiness and make you feel so much better in life! 

6. Make someone else's day. Think about the last thing someone did that made you happy. For me, it was a lovely email I received. It made me smile and I feel so positive. Now think about what you could do to make someone happy. Smile, hold a door open, ring a friend or family member, go and speak to a neighbour for half an hour. Do something that you know will be appreciated, and you will feel very happy about yourself. Your efforts won't go unnoticed. 

I hope you enjoyed this, and that maybe you can take something away from this to make yourself feel positive.


2 comments:

  1. great ideas! i'm trying to be more positive as well :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think it's easy to get distracted with the negative in life, so sometimes its nice to take a step back and think about the good things! Xx

      Delete

Every single comment means so much, I appreciate them all. Thank you so much for all your support!